A place to discover and learn
Bourbon Barrel-Aged Maple Syrup Recipes ı Wabanaki Maple
Wednesday, June 16, 2021 12:37 PM
No, this is a not a guide on how to pour your maple over your pancakes! There are more ways to use your bourbon maple syrup other than on your favorite desserts. This treasure is made by Wabanaki Maple, a company owned by a woman from the Tobique First Nation in New-Brunswick. She and her team have made a few recipes on how to use their products and in the blog, we are featuring 3 recipes to enhance your summer experience.
Maple Strawberry Slushy
- 3/4 Cup of Orange Juice
- 2 TBSP of Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup
- 12 Strawberries, washed
- 1 Cup of Ice cubes
- In a blender, combine all ingredients, setting aside 1 strawberry for decoration
- Blend and pour into a tall frosted glass
- Garnish with reserved strawberry and enjoy a teaspoon at a time
Cranberry Bourbon Cocktail
- ½ oz Wabanaki Maple, Barrel-Aged Bourbon Maple Syrup
- 1 ½ oz Bourbon
- 1 oz Orange juice
- 2 oz Cranberry juice
- Dash Angostura bitters
1. Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice; shake gently.
2. Strain into glass over ice.
3. Garnish with a twist of orange and a sprig of rosemary.
Maple Bourbon Seafood Glaze
- 4 each Fish fillets (salmon, halibut, etc.)
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) Black pepper
- 1 cup (250 ml) Wabanaki Maple, Bourbon Barrel-Aged Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup (60ml) Butter, cubed
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Place salmon or halibut fillets on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. While the fish is cooking, prepare the sauce.
1. Place maple syrup & balsamic vinegar into a small pot. Heat over medium-high heat, simmer for 5-10 minutes or until mixture has reduced by half and becomes syrupy.
2. Whisk in butter just until melted and sauce is glossy. Pour over cooked fish and serve warm.
This recipe will also work well as a sauce drizzled over seared scallops.